Auryvedic medicine has a long history of using herbs to help deal with diseases.
One of the herbs very commonly used to treat diabetes and high blood sugar is called Gymnema. In fact, it has the nickname, Ã¢â‚¬Å“Sugar Destroyer.Ã¢â‚¬Â
It has an interesting way of accomplishing it’s effects. It quickly removes the ability to taste sugar. When you put it in your mouth, you canÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t taste sweet flavors. Although the effect doesnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t last long, right afterwards eating a cookie tastes like eating a wad of salt and flour – not very appealing.
Not only does this herb block your ability to taste sugar, it also works quickly to control blood sugar levels.
Even better, it wonÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t drop blood sugar levels enough to cause hypoglycemia. That means it doesn’t interfere with normal metabolism.
Here is a quick summary of the known effects of this herb:
- Research indicates it regenerates the Beta Cells that are located within the Islets of Langerhans of the Pancreas. These cells are responsible for the production and secretion of insulin.
- It lowers elevated blood sugar levels, especially in diabetes patients.
- It inhibits the absorption of glucose.
- It has NO EFFECT on blood sugar in normal, healthy people.
- It helps to prevent obesity by reducing the appetite and cravings for carbohydrates.
- Some research show it lowering triglycerides levels.
One caution: if youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re taking insulin or anti-diabetic drugs you could experience excessively low blood sugar. If you are taking these medications, only use Gymnema under professional supervision.
All the best to you for your health and happiness,