Here are the steps you can take to optimize your calcium intake:
- Consume plenty of dark green leafy vegetables, especially those on your Metabolic TypingÃ‚Â® ‘best’ list.
- Avoid processed foods, especially any form of concentrated sugar or refined grains.
- Avoid caffeine – it can leach minerals out of your bones.
- Avoid carbonated drinks and any form of calcium carbonate (Tums, Oscal, Coral Calcium, etc.)
- Fine-tune your digestion – listen to your body’s responses to foods and also consider increasing your stomach acidity by taking HCL supplements. Metabolic TypingÃ‚Â® is an excellent way to fine-tune.
- Avoid sodium fluoride in your water, toothpaste, etc.
- Avoid tap water – the chlorine in it destroys the healthy bacteria in your gut, leading to poor absorption of minerals.
- Take sufficient supplements, particularly vitamins K, D3, multiple vitamin/mineral, trace minerals, magnesium, calcium, boron, glucosamine, chromium, and silica.
- Exercise regularly (okay, this doesn’t optimize calcium absorption, but it does help you get the calcium into your bones!)