Once I started meditating every day, I slowly became better at quieting my mind.
It took time to get to this place. There was a LOT of chatter running through my brain most days. And since Sifu called this “quiet sitting”, the chatter only interfered.
But by this time I knew that it took patience and practice to get to the goal. So I persisted. Many months went by.
Then, one day, I sat down to meditate as usual. And, as usual, I noticed the chatter going on in my head. I decided just to wait and watch.
After a few minutes of observing this, I noticed two specific “voices” talking. I heard one on the left and one on the right. It was a familiar conversation. But this time it was different…
As soon as I noticed the voices specifically, they merged at the center of my brain. Rather than being voices, they became energy and merged with my awareness. Then my awareness “dropped” down my spine and out of my body.
Everything else in the experience happened outside of time, space and personality. That makes it hard to describe in words. But if you can imagine all of these things happening at the same time, then you’ll have some idea of what the experience was like.
Simultaneously I became aware that…
- The totality of my life experience was contained in my spine. The most recent experiences were at the top, the oldest at the lowest level.
- I found myself floating in space prior to being conceived. I was moving towards Earth.
- I realized I could do the equivalent of turning around and thus see where I was coming from. I also knew that it didn’t matter to see where I was coming from, because everything necessary would be there in the life I was entering on Earth.
- As Earth came closer, I picked the continent, then the city, then the couple who would be my parents.
- As the sperm and ovum came together, I merged into physical form.
At this point I came out of the meditation. The experience was vivid. At the same time, at age 22, I didn’t know what to do with it. So I made some notes and stopped thinking about it. At least I stopped thinking about it for 25 years or so.
Then, 25 years later, I got clear on the rest of the story. And it happened in a totally unexpected way.
Next time you’ll read more about this…
All the best for your health and happiness,